* Carbon Footprint - A carbon footprint is a "measure of the impact human activities have on the environment in terms of the amount of greenhouse gases produced, measured in units of carbon dioxide".
* Carbon Offsetting - Offsetting the amount of carbon emissions (Co2) produced in the manufacture, production, transport, energy, food etc. with the planting of trees.
* Conservation - Is concerned with the long-term preservation of cultural property through examination, documentation, treatment and preventitive care.
* Eco-Friendly - Or environmentally sustainable.
* Ecological Footprint - Measures the extent to which human beings are using nature's resources faster than the planet can regenerate them.
* Environmentally Friendly - Environmentally friendly, eco-friendly, and nature friendly are synonyms used to refer to goods and services considered to inflict minimal harm on the environment.
* Global Warming - An overall increase in world temperatures which may be caused by additional heat being trapped by greenhouse gases.
* Green Car Rental - Environmentally friendly, fuel efficient cars such as a hybrid or a vehicle that runs on an alternative highly efficient fuel source.
* Greenhouse Effect - The greenhouse effect is the rise in temperature that the Earth experiences because certain gases in the atmosphere (water vapor, carbon dioxide, nitrous oxide, and methane, for example) trap energy from the sun. Without these gases, heat would escape back into space and Earth’s average temperature would be about 60ºF colder. Because of how they warm our world, these gases are referred to as greenhouse gases.
* Greenhouse Gas - This is a collective term for gases such as carbon dioxide, methane and nitrous oxides (among others) that trap heat in the atmosphere and contribute to climate change. Carbon dioxide (CO2) is the greenhouse gas mostly produced from combustion of fossil fuels.
* Green Hotel - Environmentally friendly properties that take the initiative and implement very important practices and programs to reduce energy, water, and waste.
* Green Travel - Is a method for people to travel while reducing their impact on the environment.
* Guestroom Recycle Bins - Special containers provided in guestrooms so guests can add their recyclable items rather than putting them in the garbage. Providing these kind of containers allows for easy sorting and shows your commitment to your environmental program.
* Hotel Recycle Bins - Special containers provided around the property where guests can put their recyclable items there, rather than in the garbage. Providing these kind of containers allows for easy sorting and shows your guests your commitment to your environmental program.